Monday, December 29, 2008

A terrible thing has happened...

Well, today started off pretty good- got up, got the boys ready and off we went to UNC Hospital so that I could get a current TB test.

When we got there, I put the boys in the stroller and gave Lammy (for those of you who don't know- she is Colin's special friend- a sweet little lamb that is much loved) to Colin. For a split second, I thought to myself, "I should have him leave Lammy in the car." But for some reason I did not listen to my own logic and off we went into the hospital.

After we got inside, I went from one end of the hospital to the other and finally got going in the direction I needed to be going. Colin looks at me and says, "I want Lammy." UH-OH. She was no where to be found. I immediately retraced my steps all over the blessed hospital with no luck. I talked to employees at several different information desks and asked if a little stuffed lamb had been turned in. Nope.

I know this sounds silly but I wanted to cry. Colin was ok- I explained that mommy couldn't find her and would keep trying, but I may not be able to find her. I think that Lammy was special to me because she has been Colin's constant companion since he was right at a year old. She belongs to us, not at the hospital!!

Well, he napped today ok and went to bed fine tonight. I won't give up the search though!! I am calling the hospital again tomorrow and also a nice gentleman gave the the number to the lost and found and says that things sometimes turn up there after 1-2 days.

I will keep you posted if we find her or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment