

Last weekend Chris and I had a little weekend getaway to Charlotte just to have some "us" time! We had such a good time and the boys did also with my mom and grandparents. It's nice (and extremely important, I believe) to have those times when you can just get away and be a couple and just to be able to enjoy each others' company without "mommy" this and "daddy" that! We were happy to see the boys on Sunday, however. :)

This was the view out of our hotel window...very nice. There was a very cute boardwalk area out there- it was just a little too chilly for us to enjoy it though!
Neither of us had ever been to an IKEA, so we took the opportunity while there to check it out!

It was nice- we spent some time there on Saturday but didn't buy anything. We thought about the things we saw and went back on Sunday for a few purchases- nothing big- no furniture, but just some things for around the house. We ate the famous Swedish meatballs, with mash potatoes and lingonberries, which were delicious. They had a special that weekend only- the whole meal for $1! Score. Saturday night we ate at a place suggested by Erica Kim (thanks, Erica!) called Mimosa in downtown (or uptown, not sure the difference!). It was SOOOO good. We will definitely go back there if we are ever in the area again!
I also thought I would add to this post the first real "belly photo" for this pregnancy, so here it is:

20 weeks.....19 to go!
That time away together is so important! I'm glad you had fun, relaxed and enjoyed each other. Your baby bump it so cute!!!! I love seeing pictures of you . . . it's been almost a year since we've seen each other:( Love You!
ReplyDelete