Thursday, August 27, 2009

Playing catch up!

This will be sort of a random post, but I just wanted to post a few photos from the summer. Colin went to the dentist for the first time a few weeks ago and was very good. I was nervous about this experience because at the pediatrician's office he didn't want to open his mouth wide, so I thought it would be a struggle to get him to cooperate. However, he really surprised me by being 100% compliant and doing exactly what the dentist and hygienist asked. I was very proud of him.

The sunglasses were provided by the dentist....we did not buy him any that look like this! :)


The very next day after Colin went to his first dentist appt., Robson got his first haircut! He did well too but just kinda squirmed and looked at the lady the whole time.




We have also tried to start memorizing a verse of the week together as a family. I wish I could say that we have been consistent, but we have skipped a few weeks. However, these are our three verses so far:

"Be kind and compassionate to one another..." Ephesians 4:32

"For You have been a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat." Isaiah 25:4

"The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." Psalm 145:8

Maybe just for accountability- to keep us on top of it- I will post what verse we are working on each week. Colin starts Awana at our church in a few weeks, so I know they will teach him verses in there that maybe we can do as a whole family.

Not much else going on with us- I will try to be better about posting from now on, mostly just to keep track of things for myself for future reference since I don't have a scrapbook or baby book for them! Maybe that can be a future project.

No comments:

Post a Comment