So, it has been forever since I have posted on here- about 2 months! I am going to try really hard to get back into blogging!
As I was getting ready this morning (in peace thanks to Daddy and Dora the Explorer!) I had Pandora playing loud on the speakers- a little Chris Tomlin, a little Third Day, some Jeremy Camp, and a Chris Tomlin song came on that just reminded me of what is important, and of how beautiful our Savior is! It has been just over 10 years since he opened my eyes to the gospel. I was a 19 year old girl who was headed the wrong way, but desperately wanted to know God and His ways but didn't know how. I thought I was ok though- I thought, "surely I am a good person and I do believe in God. I even know how to answer when someone asks me if I am sure I will go to heaven when I die". But, there was a real separation there that I knew existed. I didn't know why though, or what to do about that. About that time I was off to ECU (Go Pirates!) and saw a sign-up sheet in my dorm for a Bible Study. I signed up as soon as I went and found a pen...my heart was ready. A sweet girl who is now a precious friend, Kim Edwards (now Morrisette) knocked on my door and said that she was leading that bible study and told me the place and time. I was there. It was there that Jesus made himself known to me for the first time. I heard the same things that I am sure someone had told me before but this time was different. I understood that because of sin in my life (which we all have) I was separated from God. I couldn't be good enough to "get into" heaven, and while it's great that I believed in God, that wasn't enough either. I had to rely fully on what Jesus did on the cross, and even more so 3 days later when he rose from the grave, and left an empty tomb. Trusting in what He did and who He is rather than who I am and what I had done, I committed then that I would live my life for Him. There is really no other option once you realize that without Him, there is no hope and no other way out of your sin. God did not have a Plan B because His Plan A was perfect. These past 10 years of walking with God are a testimony of His grace and His grip on my life. Thank you Lord that you don't give up on me. Thank you for your rich kindness and mercy towards me, and towards any who will confess your Name. You fill up my soul and make me alive.
The song I mentioned above is called Mighty Is The Power of the Cross. If you have never heard it, listen to it! Here are the lyrics:
What can take a dying man and raise him up to life again?
What can heal a wounded soul?
What can make us white as snow?
What can fill the emptiness?
What can mend our brokenness?
Brokenness
[Chorus:]
Mighty, awesome, wonderful
Is the holy cross
Where the Lamb laid down His life
To lift us from the fall
Mighty is the power of the cross
What restores our faith in God?
What reveals the Father's love?
What can lead the wayward home?
What can melt a heart of stone?
What can free the guilty ones
What can save and overcome?
Overcome
[Chorus]
It's a miracle to me [2x]
And It's still a mystery [2x]
It's a miracle to me
The power of God
For those who believe
Mighty, awesome, wonderful
Is the holy cross
Where the Lamb laid down His life
To lift us from the fall
Mighty is .......
Mighty is.......
Mighty is the power of the cross
Thank You for the cross [2x]
Love the cross [2x]
So Powerful......
What can take a dying man?
And raise him up to life again?
Worship You Jesus
By your wounds we are healed
By your wounds we are saved
Mighty is the power of the cross [2x]
Thank You Jesus for the Holy cross
I praise You, Lord Jesus for the cross! Thank you for inviting me into a relationship with you. May my life make MUCH of who you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment